After the Roos dropped their first game of the season they find themselves having scored fewer points than seven teams below them on the ladder, and having conceded more points than the five teams filling positions 2nd through 6th.
They remain, according to the MoS Win Production Function, almost two wins and five ladder positions better off than their Scoring Statistics would suggest.
The other teams whose Scoring Statistics imply win-loss records most different from reality are:
Teams with better then expected actual records
- Carlton: +1.9 wins (and +3 ladder spots)
- Hawthorn: +1.3 wins (and +2 ladder spots)
- Gold Coast: +1.2 wins (but same ladder spot)
Teams with worse then expected actual records
- Fremantle: -1.7 wins (and -2 ladder spots)
- Geelong: -1.0 wins (and -1 ladder spot)
- GWS: -1.0 wins (and -1 ladder spot)
I note also in passing that Geelong's drawing of their 4th Quarter with Carlton on Sunday has left GWS as the only team with a 100% record for any quarter They've won all 10 of their 2nd Quarters this season.