Here's the week's MAFL Team Dashboard.
A few things to note in this data:
- Collingwood, despite being placed second on the ladder, have the second-worst opponent conversion rate (56.4%) and a relatively poor record in final terms (which was starkly in evidence on Sunday night)
- Hawthorn are in the eight at least partly because they've prevented their opponents from converting opportunities in front of goal. They're struggling in the second half of games, particularly in final terms where they have a 1-10 record.
- St Kilda, Essendon and Fremantle are all allowing their opponents to convert too many of their opportunities. Essendon's struggles in first and last terms, Fremantle in third terms, and St Kilda in second terms.
- Relative to their respective ladder positions, Melbourne and Richmond are ranked highly on opponent conversion rate.
- Melbourne performs significantly better is third terms.
- Port Adelaide has mastered the art of the whirlwind finish, winning almost two-thirds of the final terms it's played. This hasn't been enough in 6 games out of 11 however.
- The Lions continue to pair lousy first halves with stunning second halves. The round just finished provided an excellent example of this, as the Lions were outscored 10 goals to 5 by the Roos in the first half of their game, before kicking 8 goals to 2 in the second half.
- West Coast performs relatively poorly in second halves.
- The Bulldogs are the best in the league for second terms.