The latest versions of the Team Dashboard and the Team Dashboard Metrics Rankings appear below.
This week, a quick update on teams' win percentages relative to what we'd expect given their overall Scoring metrics and the Win Production Function. We can see the teams' rankings on Expected Wins above, but if we focus on the numbers that produce those rankings, we find that
- Brisbane Lions have won 3.7 games fewer than we'd expect
- Melbourne have won 2.5 games fewer than we'd expect
- Geelong have won 1.7 games fewer than we'd expect
- Hawthorn have won 0.9 games fewer than we'd expect
- Western Bulldogs have won 1.7 games more than we'd expect
- Fremantle have won 1.5 games more than we'd expect
- Gold Coast have won 1.3 games more than we'd expect
- Adelaide, Richmond and West Coast have won 0.8 games more than we'd expect
In terms of ladder positions, the largest discrepancies between ladder position and ranking on Expected Wins are for:
- Geelong, who would be 4 places higher
- Brisbane Lions and Melbourne, who would be 3 places higher
- GWS, who would be 3 places lower
No other team would be more than two places higher or lower on the ladder if Expected Wins were used to order them.