After 11 rounds of the competition, comprising 11 games for two-thirds of the teams and 10 games for the other one-third, this week I thought we might look at teams with exceptional performances - good and bad - in particular quarters.
So, note the following, mostly positive performances:
- Hawthorn are yet to lose a 3rd Quarter and have more than doubled the aggregate score of their opponents in 3rd terms
- Collingwood have won 82% of 3rd Quarters and almost doubled the aggregate score of their opponents in these Quarters. They've also won 73% of 4th Quarters
- Richmond have won 80% of 2nd, and 80% of 4th Quarters. But, they've also won only 40% of 1st Quarters and just 30% of 3rd Quarters.
- West Coast have won 82% of 3rd, and 73% of 2nd and 4th Quarters. They've won only half of their 1st Quarters though
- Fremantle have won 73% of 2nd and of 3rd Quarters
- Sydney have won 73% of 2nd Quarters
In contrast, here are some of the poorer performances:
- The Brisbane Lions have lost 90% of 2nd Quarters
- Carlton have lost 80% of 2nd and of 3rd Quarters
- The Gold Coast have lost 77% of 1st and of 2nd Quarters
- Port Adelaide have lost 73% of 3rd Quarters (and 68% of 4th Quarters too)
- St Kilda have lost 77% of 3rd Quarters
- The Western Bulldogs have lost 80% of 4th Quarters